1 white onion
4 cups mushrooms (any work)
2 cloves of garlic
½ cup of walnuts
1 cup brown lentils
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp miso paste
½ cup oat flour
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp thyme
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
¼ - ½ cup water
1) Soak and cook lentils or drain canned lentils
2) Make your oat flour by putting ½ cup of whole oats into your Nutribullet.
3) Dice the onion, garlic, mushroom and sauté in a pan with oregano, basil, and thyme. Pour over enough water to just cover the vegetables (MAX 1/4 cup). Allow for the water to evaporate.
4) Place sautéed vegetables, walnuts and ¾ cup of lentils in the food processor, pulse to combine.
5) In a mixing bowl, combine tamari, tomato paste, and the miso paste.
6) Add the sauces and the left over lentils to the mixture and fold it all together.
7) Add your oat flour 1/4 cup at a time to remove the stickiness.
8) Heat your pan with ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil and use a ¼ cup to separate your mixture into 8-12 burger patties and place into your pan. Do not flatten with the spatula.
9) Let cook for 4 minutes on each side.
This can be eaten as a burger, over a salad, or in a rice bowl.
This is best eaten within 4 days or freeze as uncooked patties on a tray and once frozen store in a snap- lock freezer bag.