With Christmas just around the corner, I thought it was time to start sharing some recipes, perfect for Christmas lunch or dinner, and honestly any BBQ.
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
6 potatoes (I love red-skinned)
3 green onions
a handful of basil + parsley
Pinch of salt + pepper
½ cup green beans (chopped into bite-size pieces)
½ cup corn
½ cup baby tomatoes (halved)
½ cup cashews
lemon juice from one lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1) Soak the cashews in boiling water.
2) Set a large pot of water to boil.
3) Wash and clean the potatoes dicing them into quarters.
4) Place the potatoes into the boiling water. Salt the water and leave to boil until soft, around 20 minutes.
4) Combine all of the dressing ingredients into a Nutribullet or emulsifier to create the dressing.
5) Dice the green onions, basil, parsley, and prepare any optional vegetables wanted.
6) Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and serve.
This is great as a side salad, taken to a BBQ, or to have prepped in the fridge when needed.
This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. (drizzle over more lemon to preserve the avocado)