Ingredients (Serves 4)
2 cups of brown rice (Cooked)
1 yellow onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 cups of button mushrooms (6-8 mushrooms)
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cabbage (Red or green)
1 cups of peas
1 tbsp grated ginger
1/4 cup tamari
1 tbsp sesame oil
1) Thinly dice the onion and place it in a frying pan with 1/2 tbsp sesame oil. Mince the garlic and add it to the frying pan. Stir everything and wait for it to become aromatic.
2) Place the mushrooms and walnuts into a food processor, nutribullet, or blender and pulse to create coarse ‘big’ crumbs.
3) Add the crumbs to the onions and garlic and brown off.
4) Thinly shred the cabbage and add to the pan with the frozen peas. Sautee for 3 minutes.
5) Remove the vegetable mix from the pan and pour in the remaining sesame oil and rice. Grate over the ginger and brown the rice. Once browned, place the vegetable mixture back into the pan.
6) Pour over the 1/4 cup of tamari and mix through.
7) Serve into dishes and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
This is can be left in the fridge for 4 days. Perfect for school lunches, last minute dinners, or to create magic with left over rice.