Have a sweet tooth? Nourish it with fibre filled long lasting energy chocolate covered dates. So moreish you’ll never go back to a straight block of chocolate. Bulk Prep and store in your freezer.
½ block of dark chocolate
½ cup peanut butter
15 Medjool dates
1) Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) Pit the dates by opening down the seam of the date and pushing out the pip. Place on your lined baking tray.
3) Place a pot half-filled with water on high heat to boil.
4) Fill each date with 1 tsp of peanut butter by either using a bread knife or teaspoon to place the peanut butter where the pit was. Then close the opening of the dates, returning the dates to their original shape.
5) Cut the chocolate into small pieces and place in a metal bowl. Place the metal bowl over the boiling water but do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl as it will burn the chocolate. Constantly stir the chocolate until all the pieces have melted.
6) Once melted, use two forks to pick up a date and dip it into the chocolate. Once covered place the date back onto the baking tray. Repeat this process for all the Medjool dates.
7) Place the tray of chocolate-covered dates in the freezer for 1 hour before serving.
These are awesome on your Christmas Platter, as a light night treat, or to have as a quick energy burst throughout the day.