Ingredients: (Serves 4)
300 grams organic tofu
½ cup sundried tomato pesto
1 tbsp Olive oil
2x broccoli head
1 bag of spinach
1 bunch kale
225 grams of mamma san shelled edamame beans
1 cup buckwheat kernels (rinsed)
1 ¼ cup water
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup almonds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
6 fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon maple syrup you could use up to 2 tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 175° Celsius on fan bake.
2) Rinse your buckwheat under cold running water and soak it in the 1 ¼ cup of boiling water.
3) Prepare the tofu by slicing it into four length ways and then onto a baking tray, rub in the sundried tomato pesto. For extra infusion you can score the tofu, however, this does not allow for good presentation. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
4) Prepare a pot of boiling water to steam your broccoli and edamame beans.
5) Combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
6) Roughly chop your broccoli, you can choose to include the stems.
7) Steam the broccoli and edamame beans for 5-7 minutes.
8) Roughly chop the kale and place it into your salad bowl. Add a portion of the dressing and massage the kale.
8) Roughly chop the almonds and basil into small pieces and peel the zucchini.
9) Combine all salad ingredients with the dressing and mix well. Ideally, cover and let soak for thirty minutes before serving.
10) Once the timer for the tofu has gone off, remove it from the oven and change the setting to grill. Place the tofu back into the oven uncovered for a further 3 minutes.
This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.